Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Womb with a View

When choosing a title for this I thought about how this house has always been a coccoon, womb of sorts, sheltering me from the storms of the outside world and for the last 3 1/2 years a haven in my grief.

Yet all I have to do is look out any door or window and life is right there waiting for me to take part. As the seasons and weather change, the sun rises and sets it all metamorphs into something else, yet still remains eternally the same little world. I can chart the changes in my own life against the changing lanscape outside these four welcoming walls and be a a photo-journalist in my own back yard, so to speak.

Between the Handyman’s wonderful “Big Boy” (don’t do it) Sony digi-cam with the powerful zooooooooooooom (you went there didn’t you?) and my new, very small…pocket sized even…lightweight Nikon with much less zoom (shame one you...you’re still there aren't you?) I am shooting everything in sight. (Some very good…some very NOT)


So, while I compile my digital photo albums, descriptions AND continuing fodder for this blog I’ll leave you for the nonce with a view out the westside door (that would be Old MacDonald’s little red barn in the background of the first) and southside yard of La Casa Hacienda del Outlaw as the sun bounced off the landscape and then hid behind the lowering cloud cover this morning.


(And, doncha English majors just love a big, old run-on sentence like that? Heh heh heh.)



This last picture is zooooomed and taken across my little valley of Bubba da Bull's stomping grounds. Now, Senor Bubba da Bull deserves a story of his own in a later chapter of life in this little blue collar subdivision plunked down in the middle of an old cow farm in the foothills of lower Podunk, SC. So stay tuned.

Next thing I'm gonna do is remove that darned ugly date stamp from the digi-cam...it's annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Exquisite landscape !

    I love reading your blog, and I enjoy every syllable.

    Now, if you start writing "i went to the store and got stuff", I will have issues with that .

    How's about a pic of you anna Handyman taken with the Big Boy ?!!

    ReplyDelete