Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"Not A Day Goes By"

Got a picture of you I carry in my heart
Close my eyes to see it when the world gets dark

Got a memory of you I carry in my soul
I wrap it close around me when the nights get cold

If you asked me how I'm doin' I'd say just fine
But the truth is baby, if you could read my mind

Minutes turn to hours, and the hours to days
Seems it's been forever that I've felt this way

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you
After all this time you're still with me it's true

Somehow you remain locked so deep inside
Baby, baby, oh baby, not a day goes by.

Lonestar

To anyone who knew Jim, this picture is exactly how they’d think of him…ball cap, coffee cup and smoke in hand and a smile on his face.

May 24, 2002 - 4 years today - 4 years too long.

In honor of the man who made me laugh, made me cry, loved me like crazy for over 30 years then died.

It was not long enough.

I am grateful for his easy laughter, his gentle ways, his crooked smile, his passion for life, his love for me.

Jim Ingle ~ December 3, 1950 - May 24, 2002 Always loved…always remembered.

*From the song by Lonestar.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 AM

    Josie, the garden and your tribute are beautiful. Also, I love "she popped the lid on the marble urn and said 'Hi, Jim. Want some coffee?'" Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Emily Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:06 AM

    I am moved, my friend.
    ((((Outlaw)))
    Wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Gentle memories, laughter, butterflies and rememberances of a special love...what a fitting tribute to your Jim. This outlaw thanks you for honoring your friends as well as Jim.

    Love ya, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Lovely gardens, Josie, and a very fine tribute to your Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song has always made me cry. I'm not even at 2 years yet. Thanks for your very meaningful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Umm, heya what happened to this blog ??
    Waiting for fresh words from the Outlaw Word Meister.
    ((Hugs for ya))

    ReplyDelete