Thursday, August 31, 2006

In Search of Serenity

The definition of Serenity: the quality or state of being serene.

Now that was helpful.

Not.

Definition of Serene: clear and free of storms or unpleasant change.

Synonyms: calm, tranquil, placid, peaceful.

Hmmm.

I don’t think so.

Jangled, disconnected, out of synch with myself, unable to sleep and frantically in search of something approaching serenity a little creative therapy seemed in order.

But, what to do at 3 ayem?

Some inexpensive glass bottles from the Wally World Clearance aisle, a coil of copper wire, a handful of glass beads, a tube of adhere to anything cement, a few sticky fingers and several hours later this would be the result.
Colors counterpoint to a gray mood and shifting emotions.

Sigh.

This too shall pass.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:02 PM

    I love them !
    So very whimsical.

    Sorry you are feeling jangled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:56 PM

    The state of being serene. Her Serene Highness....I always liked that better than any other title. I hate it when the winds of change are blowing. It ruffles my skin and keeps my mind from settling down. Sort of like the positive ions with the Santa Ana winds making people irritable.
    I love the bottles! Are you hanging them anywhere special?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both.

    They will eventually hang from a copper rod in one of the east windows of the screen room to catch the morning sun. I may also make some more for the west side. And DD has requested some as well.

    Her Serene Highness...I like that..now...where do I find her??? Cuz she sure ain't livin' here right now.

    "Ruffles my skin and keeps my mind from settling down". Yes.

    Mmmm....I've been away from Calif. long enough to have forgotten about the way the Santa Ana's crawled my skin. Hot...dry...cranky in the making.

    Winds of change...this burgeoning fall feels so different in my head from last. The call is that I'm on the cusp of something, but only universe knows what.

    Onward and up to something.

    ReplyDelete