Thursday, September 29, 2005

Hope Has a Place in a Lover's Heart

Here's to my friends across the pond who are well into their special day as the light just creeps across my morning sky.

Hope Has a Place in a Lover’s Heart

One look at love and you may seeIt weaves a web over mystery,
All raveled threads can rend apart
For hope has a place in the lover’s heart.
Hope has a place in a lover’s heart.

Whispering world, a sigh of sighs,
The ebb and the flow of the ocean tides,
One breath, one word may end or may start
A hope in a place of the lover’s heart,
Hope has a place in a lover’s heart.

Look to love you may dream,
And if it should leave then give it wings.
But if such a love is meant to be;
Hope is home, and the heart is free.

Under the heavens we journey far,
On roads of life we’re the wanderers,
So let love rise, so let love depart,
Let hope have a place in the lover’s heart.

Hope has a place in the lover’s heart.
For hope is home, and the heart is free.

(as sung by Enya)

When Artio first shared this song with me near 2 years ago my heart was sore and my spirit battered yet from the loss of my Jim. I saw no hope that life could ever have the joy it once did.

What a journey, she, BobW, many others and I have shared to prove that this is not so. For even in the saddest heart glimmers the most infinitesimal spark of hope that life does indeed spring forth from the darkness of a shattered heart just as the Phoenix raises from the ashes of death to spread it’s wings and take to the sun again.

In watching Artio (Michelle) and BobW (Robert) grow together as a couple so publicly they also gave the gift of hope not only to myself, but to many others who inhabit these cyber walls. I miss you, my friends.

Today Robert William McCallum and Michelle Miller Allen join their lives, their hearts and their memories of Mo and Rick to become husband and wife in Scotland amid a small circle of family and friends. That I had to cancel plans to be there to witness their joy is a sadness to me. Yet, I am blessed in sharing their friendship though we are miles apart.

So, I raise a wee glass o’ the Macallan (single Highland malt Scot’s Whisky) and salute the pair of ye as Enya plays in the background…hope does indeed have a place in a lover’s heart.

“May the best you've ever seen,

Be the worst you'll ever see.
May the mouse ne'er leave your girnal
Wi' a tear drap in it's e'e
May your lum keep blithely reekin'
Till ye're auld enough to dee.
May you aye be just as happy.”

(auld Scottish toast)

I love ya both and the Handyman and I are still committed to New Mexico when you return this side of the pond next year.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Outlaw, I'll join you in raising a glass to toast the newlyweds, to their love born out of the ashes of "what was" and to their future. May all of us find peace, joy, contentment and small victories of the heart.

    To Michelle and Bob...*clink* as we raise our glasses to you from Okie-Homey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:45 PM

    *big grin*

    Herzliche Glueckwuensche !

    ( Hairtzzleechshuh Glookkvuunchuhshhaa )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:17 PM

    Michelle and Bob, all the best for all time.

    Josie, you and CH have never pushed me or made me feel different for wanting to be alone. Did you both always know I had to find a way to love me again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, M'dear Sandie, I did know that...and that's because I had to do the same with me.

    I'm glad you've gotten there my friend, I know it's been a difficult road.

    A road, btw, that I've been glad to share with you, Copper, April, Michelle and so many others.

    We do it alone...yet...not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys...it's been an incredible month and now I'm in my wee Sco'ish home making veggie soup and carrot cake today on a grey rainy day...whilst Shaka naps on the settee and the Mad Scotsman "does the messages".

    Thank you for your sweet and dear wishes on our day...

    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete