Thursday, October 13, 2005

New Life

Not mine…a real one.

My Handyman is a first time Grandpop.

Born at 3 a.m., Thursday, October 7 and weighing in at 9 pounds, he’s bigger than most newborns. The upside to that is that they don’t seem quite as fragile as their small-fry counterparts.

With them living in New Jersey, he’s not yet had the opportunity to hold this teeny version of his DNA in his strong arms…but, I can tell you he’s in for one BEEEEEG surprise when he looks into those trusting little eyes the first time. (And…I suspect have an unexpected tug at his tough old heart that his Terry is not here to experience this as well.)

I can’t wait to see his face and watch as he bends his gray head towards this small piece of life affirmation and takes in that first inhale of sweet baby smell. (Believe me…the camera WILL be ready.)

Introducing DKV, Jr.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 AM

    What a little sweetie !

    Watching men melt over babies is definitely one of life's treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:59 PM

    Josie, he's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:51 PM

    Mazel Tov! He is beautiful (he can be handsome when he grows some).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpop is a very proud man...as are Mom and Dad...you should have seen his smile when he saw I posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:24 AM

    What a beautiful child!!! Congrats to the parents and grands. Nothing compares to a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:21 PM

    Eeee! Cute babeeeee! Must pat little soft cheeks! Oh da widdle wee man is sooo precious.

    (Sorry; I get kinda baby-crazed sometimes, specially when I see the really cute ones. Too much estrogen for this girl.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup...I'm a sap for them chubby cheeks m'self.

    What I love, though, it watching men with babies. Big tough guys reduced to softies at heart with one look and smell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, ok, I'm not a baby person but even I can see this one is cute as the dickens! Congrats to you both!

    Love,
    SpiritBear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:09 AM

    I too am such a sap for babies!!! He is beautiful and nope, dont look like a newborn. Amazing how they now come out looking two months old! :) My first grandson just turned 9 weeks.....nothing better than kissing and hugging his little head, the only black cloud is of course, Grandpa not being here to enjoy but Grandma is trying to love enough for both! :)

    ReplyDelete