Thursday, September 14, 2006

Daddy’s Girl…

was born at this moment...10:36 pm…34 years ago today.

Coming from a family of brothers only, he was besotted from the instant she rolled her eyes around to catch his face in her baby vision. Theirs was a precious love affair from day one to day last.

5 birthdays have passed without him to tell how much he loved and was proud of his girl.

Today…I cried like I have not cried in a long time for all that he has missed and all that his girl continues to miss without him here to love and guide her even as a young adult raising Papa’s girl on her own…but…that’s another story.

Happy Birthday, baby girl…I love you and I wish I could give you your old world back again.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Happy Birthday to your girl.

    I can not think what Bill has missed. I can't allow myself to think along those lines. Of course my mind is disobedient and goes there without permission.

    I know and I wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:07 PM

    ((Belated birthday greetings ,to your young 'un.))

    My gal's coming up on 24 next month.
    Jeez luise, time is going by in a whoosh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have the "old world" back, not just for myself. Even though things aren't the way we would like, they are the way they are ment to be. And we will survive this world, to make it to the next and see him again. I may have been "Daddy's girl", but I am also Mom's friend. I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. Baby Girl, I know. And, I love you too.

    Thanks, Sandie and April...I know you guys get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:35 AM

    "Mom's Friend", how wonderful those two words sound. Smiling tears here.

    ReplyDelete