Monday, June 11, 2007

Beyond the Ridge

I swear I don't know where these are coming from.
Have I turned another corner, but am not yet aware of what it is?
Who knows.
Here's today's:

Beyond the Ridge
I wait just beyond the ridge for you
No matter where you tread
I’ve already been there
A step ahead to check the way
This road is long, filled with snags
To trip and cause you pain
Curved and winding, steep and jagged
To steal your breath away
Many feet have trod this path
This one so rocky and steep
Many tears have washed these stones
Same as the ones you weep
You are not alone along the way
For many walk here as you do
Seeking peace for a heart tired and sore
Company as the journey continues on
I do not leave a visible path
The way must be your own
And I will be there when at last
You find your way back home

No comments:

Post a Comment