Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lessons Learned

Yesterday was our son’s birthday.

27

Gack.

When did THAT happen?

I had lunch with him today. I love having lunch with my son. He’s great fun to be around. He likes to laugh just like his dad. Life surrounds him. We talk of so many things including his life plans.

We spoke of his dad and how hard this 5 year thing seems to be…like constantly being poked by the Grief Monster with a pointy little stick.. (Daughter has said the same thing.)

We spoke of the lesson’s we’ve learned on this journey. Amazingly his are really no different than mine.

We decided:

Life’s short.
Death sux.
Tears are cleansing.
People matter.
Family is important.
Love lives on.
Laughter is healing.
Joy is there if you look for it. (this one takes time)

I will never take any of those things for granted ever again should I live to be 100. (which is a distinct possibility considering the longevity of my maternal genes.)

We made wonderful kids together. I’m glad they’re more like their Dad than me. He was a good man.

I miss him.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:21 AM

    Happy Birthday to the PR. I love what the two of you decided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 PM

    ((Youse two ))

    ReplyDelete