Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hey Now Here We Go

And it's hey now here we go
D-J don't you play nothing slow
Keep those girls out on the floor
Gotta make 'em wanna come back for more.
Been here since the sun went down
Be here when it comes back around
Worked all week it's time to play
Gonna get a little bit sideways...
(Dierks Bently ~ Sideways)

Children's Charities Cancer Research and Treatment Center.

That's what it says on the building.

The waiting room though is filled with adults...I am not in the children's section...I say thank the stars for that for the kids...it's enough THEY have to deal with their own cancer...they don't need to see adults with it.

There's the elderly man in the golf cap with no hair beneath; the woman my mother's age with small tufts of hair here and there; most heart capturing of all...the beautiful young woman/girl with the bright red scarf artfully wrapped around her head...

It was clear to me that I was "different".

My own cancer has, most likely, a prognosis entirely unlike theirs.

Uterine cancer is typcially confined by the boundaries of the uterus. In it's design to protect the baby growing within, it also defines the boundaries for the cancer doing the same.

As I begin my own journey on this path, I get to have a white knight who goes in to forcefully remove the bumpy arsed toad squatting within its cocooning walls..to rip the evil bastard from the castle and save the damsel in distress.

And as relieved as I am for myself, I cannot help but wonder at the long term for each of these other folks passing through the doors of the building marked Children's Charitites Cancer Research and Treatment Center.

It is humbling.

I wish them life.

No comments:

Post a Comment