Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Farewell My Lovely

Scheduling today...surgery is tentatively set for Nov. 12...radical hysterectomy...it all comes out.

The biopsy showed Grade 2 cells...middle of the road, but my uterus is a bit bigger than a baseball. Further review will tell whether the new surgeon thinks robotic surgery is feasible. The current oncologist admits he doesn't have enough experience to feel comfortable trying to remove one that big with the DiVinci robot at the cancer center. I appreciate his candor.

I have an elevated level in the blood test, but he's not sure that it's not caused by the fibroids. It does tell him he needs to check the pelvic lymph nodes closely upon surgery. Since staging will not be done until then, I just have to wait and see what turns up.

Still...my mental image is that the surgery will remove everything and all will be well.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    And that will be my metal image for you.. All will be well.
    Thinking of you
    Diane (jbhomer)

    ReplyDelete