Monday, October 19, 2009

That's Life

That's life
I tell ya, I can't deny it,
I thought of quitting baby,
But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try,
I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly
(Frank Sinatra)
 
So, it's done...told my kids...they took it 'bout as I expected...some tears...some hugs...they need time to process this. DD told the GrandMonkey. My Handyman has 2 more of the 3 to tell.

Myself...I'm emotionally wiped...telling people...staying up beat...walking the walk and talking the talk...I'm just plain tired and I've only been at this for 6 days.

How do they do it? Those who have a long forecast before them.

Hell...I'm whinin' 'about the 2 pills I have to take...one big ass vitamin (pre-natal because the oncologist says they're better) and the blood pressure meds (cuz he won't operate until it comes down). There's also the analgesics for "discomfort", but those are PRN at appropriate intervals. What if I had handfuls of them?

Got one of those 7 day pill box thingies as a reward for being a big girl and taking my flue/pneumonia shots like a trooper. (that damned pneumonia shot made my arm sore clear up to my neck...whine...whine...whine...I'll have a little cheez with that please) Open I took them...closed I didn't. Geez.

OK...I'm just tired...I feel like crap...tomorrow will be better with some sleep and the reduced stress of having told those who need to be told.

It's life, yanno?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Hey Josie,

    Remember me? jbhomer from WN...
    Just read your post and came over here to catch up.
    Damn Cancer.
    My thoughts are with you and your family. You will beat this, it's not over.
    Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am...I do remember you.

    Thank you, Diane, I will take all the positive vibes I can gather up.

    I plan to live long enough to be a burden to my children. (see cheezy grin here.)

    ReplyDelete